Diary of an Apprentice Boatbuilder

This blog will follow my progress from the kind of guy that struggles to put up shelves to launching my own boat in 38 weeks.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

SO... Where was I ?

OK, This picture of a Carvel section should have appeared at the bottom of the page but has arrived here
I do not have a clue how to move it:  So please hold this image in your mind and insert it at the appropriate point in the text.
Ah yes, the joys of Geralds and scarphs, spilling and fids...

This is a man spilling (Pronounced spyling)

As I previously mentioned we have also done some cold moulding, a process originating during the Second World War when it was called 'hot moulding' and was used primarily for producing the fuselage of the Mosquito.  It was called hot moulding because the glues used needed to be baked at high temperature.  It's now called cold moulding because, yes you guessed, modern glues don't need to be heated in order to cure.
Now I am utterly confused, I cannot appear to get below the picture of Cold moulding so hold this image in your mind because I am about to throw in some pictures of carvel and clinker...  This is where you need to insert the picture of the Carvel Section that appeared at the top of the page; confused so am I. 

 Next time I will try and get the photographs in the right place.   Ok I am in danger of becoming a huddled, burbling heap it at this point so I shall give up while I am ahead.  I promise I will deal with clinker, just when you thought you had escaped! and I will recount to you the tale of the Laminated Stem or, as I know it How to make things really difficulty for yourself.  Adios Amigos.
Cold moulding in progress