Diary of an Apprentice Boatbuilder

This blog will follow my progress from the kind of guy that struggles to put up shelves to launching my own boat in 38 weeks.

Saturday 3 September 2011

Several Planks and a week in Italy...

Firstly my apologies for the lack of activity on the Blog for the past couple of weeks, there has been a flurry of activity and once I get back to Lyme on sunday or Monday I shall be posting a fuller description of activities and photographs from the past weeks.

Progress is now being made having finally fitted the Garboards, it really had become a nightmare with the planks changing shape with changes in humidity and a degree of timidity on my part having had one plank split.  I now understand why I was having such difficulty and planks are now going on a little more rapidly.

However I am now well behind any sort of realistic schedule and we are now going to be into weekend working until launch day.

Italy was fantastic!