Diary of an Apprentice Boatbuilder

This blog will follow my progress from the kind of guy that struggles to put up shelves to launching my own boat in 38 weeks.

Thursday 10 March 2011

Prologue (or should that be problog?)

This blog is going to be about a journey of discovery... I am about to discover whether I have the aptitude to learn the skills of a boatbuilder!  My desire to gain boatbuilding skills is a totally selfish one, call it a belated gap year, although I never went to University so that is probably not accurate.  I have however worked since leaving school at 15 and after 45 years have decided that I am entitled to pursue an interest for pleasure.  There is also a longer term desire to use the skills and contacts that I gain to help ex-Service personnel who have landed themselves in the dwang, but more of that later.

It will be the intention to publish photographs of my 'progress' and it is also the intention to update the Blog on a weekly basis.

So this coming monday I will appear at the Boat Building Academy at Lyme Regis clutching a notebook and pencil...