Diary of an Apprentice Boatbuilder

This blog will follow my progress from the kind of guy that struggles to put up shelves to launching my own boat in 38 weeks.

Monday 4 July 2011

End of the week...

Well we reached the end of the week and while we weren't as far ahead as I would have liked we are still OK for time...

It was a week of frantic activity and as I mentioned we succeeded in laminating all the components that we need and having them processed through the machine shop.  There were the inevitable hiccups with the dreaded lofting coming into play yet again, there were a number of issues that needed resolving and some on the hoof modifications to the plan.  Given that we are working from a drawing that was about the size of a half page of A4 we haven't done to badly but we are very much on a learning curve... well I am even if nobody else is.

A rig has now been finally agreed, I think, at least we think it will work and it is in the spirit of the original, with some modifications, well OK a lot of modifications, and on the basis that this is going to be a boat I want to sail not exhibit we are adopting some modern equipment where the rig is concerned.  she will however look very traditional when on the water.

More to follow...