Diary of an Apprentice Boatbuilder

This blog will follow my progress from the kind of guy that struggles to put up shelves to launching my own boat in 38 weeks.

Thursday 21 July 2011

Good to go...

...famous last words.

Before the fairing process.

After the fairing process.
This morning was spent straightening out the plank lines on the bilge, this involved lying on my back moving battens  a few mm. this way and then a few mm. that way until they ran straight.

Having achieved this we then transferred the Plank lines from one side of the boat to the other and beveled of the moulds.

At this point I was going to include more photographs but my computer has decided to censor them and is refusing to load.  So while Ben was transferring measurements and bevelling off the moulds I started cutting the Rabbet on the stem, this as I may have explained is a right angled rebate into which the ends of the planks (hood ends) fit and are secured.  We definitely ended the day on an upbeat note with spiling the garboard tomorrow now being a very real possibility...